Modernized by Dr. Robert Woods and Dr. Norman Walker, the gravity colonics (as opposed to pressurized) method allows water to flow naturally into the body via gravity.
In a gravity colonic, the combination of gentle, warm water and massage allow us to regulate the body’s peristalsis to its most optimal rhythm. What does that mean? What is an actual visit like?
1. You are comfortably settled on the massage table.
2. Once the tubing is in place, the purified and temperature-controlled water flows gently into your colon.
Take a ride through the virtual colon… watch out for polyps!
[Note: this colon is free of waste due to a thorough colon cleanse pre-colonoscopy, as per hospital procedures.]
3. The warm, filtered water softens the waste in your colon.
[The colon can accumulate POUNDS of waste, including impacted fecal matter (from poor digestion, lack of fiber, dehydration), mucus (from white flour, refined sugar and processed foods), yeast overgrowth, toxins and more.]
4. The process stimulates the natural peristaltic action of your digestive system, which releases the softened waste.
5. Since the colon is about 5 feet long, this inflow and release process, aided by deep breathing and an abdominal massage, is repeated several times over the course of the session (usually 30-45 minutes).
In short, through this rinse, release, repeat, the waste is eliminated from your body, leaving your lighter, clearer and cleaner.
Note: Due to the size of the colon and depending on your diet, exercise, etc., it may take multiple sessions to cleanse the impacted waste in the colon.